DeGreen Capital Management LLC & Efficient Market Advisors LLC
- MATERIAL DISCLOSURE FOR DEGREEN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC. DEGREEN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC IS A FEE-ONLY INVESTMENT ADVISOR REGISTERED WITH THE SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION, AND MAY ACCEPT CLIENTS THROUGHOUT THE UNITED STATES, SUBJECT TO STATE REGISTRATION OR WAIVER PROCEDURES. A MORE DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF THE COMPANY, ITS MANAGEMENT AND PRACTICES IS CONTAINED IN ITS REGISTRATION DOCUMENT, FORM ADV PART II. A COPY OF THIS FORM MAY BE OBTAINED BY CONTACTING THE COMPANY AT ITS MAIN OFFICE: 4800 NORTH SCOTTSDALE ROAD, SUITE 1800, SCOTTSDALE, AZ 85251. PHONE: 480.609.9900. DCM SUPERVISES THE EFFICACY AND SUITABILITY OF ALL EFFICIENT MARKET ADVISORS (EMA) PORTFOLIOS EXCLUSIVELY FOR DCM’S CLIENTS, BASED ON INDIVIDUAL CLIENT NEEDS AND OBJECTIVES, AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE FOR EMA’S SERVICES. PAST PERFORMANCE OF SECURITIES OR OF INVESTMENT STRATEGIES EMPLOYED, IS NO GUARANTEE OF FUTURE RESULTS OR RETURNS. INVESTMENT RETURN AND PRINCIPAL VALUE WILL FLUCTUATE SO THAT AN INVESTMENT, WHEN SOLD OR REDEEMED, MAY BE WORTH MORE OR LESS THAN THE ORIGINAL COST. INVESTMENTS IN FOREIGN MARKETS, EVEN WHEN MADE THROUGH U.S.-TRADED ETFS, ARE SUBJECT TO VARIOUS INVESTMENT, TRADING, AND FOREIGN EXCHANGE RISKS, AND OTHER RISKS, INCLUDING THE RISK OF POSSIBLE LOSS OF PRINCIPAL. ALL INVESTING INVOLVES RISK, INCLUDING THE POSSIBLE LOSS OF PRINCIPAL. PROSPECTIVE INVESTORS SHOULD UNDERSTAND THESE POTENTIAL RISKS BEFORE INVESTING.
- The opinions and forward-looking projections offered by Keith DeGreen on this site, or on videos or audio recordings or broadcasts represent his opinion only, and are not promissory.
- DeGreen Capital Management LLC (DCM) is a fee-only advisor engaged exclusively in portfolio management. It does not offer commission-based products and it is not affiliated with a broker-dealer. It does not engage in, nor accepts any responsibility for, comprehensive financial planning. Suitability Interviews offered by DeGreen Capital Management LLC are intended to help each potential investor decide for themselves whether, and to what extent, our service is in their best interests, how they might best be allocated within our investment program, and whether their situation may present issues best handled by professionals who provide additional professional services. DCM claims compliance with the “Level Fee Fiduciary Exemption” of the “Best Interest Contract Exemption” pursuant to regulations promulgated under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (“ERISA”).
- Keith DeGreen is an attorney licensed to practice law in the State of Arizona. He is a member of the Arizona Bar Association. However, Mr. DeGreen does not practice law and you should seek the services of a licensed practicing attorney for legal advice. As referred to in the presentation, Mr. DeGreen was named one of “America’s Top 100 Investment Advisors” in 2005 by Registered Rep Magazine. He sold his first investment advisory firm, DeGreen Wealth Management, in 2006.
- The past performance of U.S, securities, other developed-nation securities, and emerging market securities does NOT guarantee future results or returns. Investment return and principal value will fluctuate so that an investment, when redeemed or sold, may be worth more or less than the original cost. Investments in developed and emerging markets outside the U.S. are subject to various other risks, including the risk of possible loss of principal. These risks include, but may not be limited to: (a) the risk of nationalization or expropriation of assets or confiscatory taxation; (b) social, economic and political uncertainty; (c) dependence on exports and the corresponding importance of international trade and commodities prices; (d) less liquidity of securities markets; (f) potentially higher rates of inflation (including hyperinflation); (h) government decisions to discontinue support for economic reform programs and imposition of centrally planned economies; (l) less stringent laws regarding the fiduciary duties of officers and directors and protection of investors. Investments in domestic securities are also subject to risks. While DeGreen Capital Management believes that its use of U.S.-publicly-traded exchange-traded funds (ETFs) may reduce some of these risks, prospective investors should understand these potential risks and other risks prior to investing in any security.
- Reference to any specific investment during the presentation is for illustrative purposes only, and should not be considered, and is not, a recommendation to purchase or sell any of the securities and/or types of investments mentioned. Consult with your investment professional on how the purchase, sell and securities and investments that may meet your investment objectives and risk tolerances. Always read the investment prospectus before you invest.
- The MSCI World Index, the MSCI Emerging Markets Investment Index, the Standard & Poor’s 500® Index, the Dow Jones Industrial Average Index and the NASDAQ Composite Index, and other mentioned indices, are market performance indices and are not available for purchase. If you were to purchase the securities that make up these indices, your returns would be lower once fees and transaction-costs are deducted. Past performance of these indices is not indicative of future results of the securities contained in these indices.
- Statistics and other information used in this presentation have been compiled from various sources and organizations regarded as highly reliable within the investment industry. Unless otherwise indicated, statistics cited are drawn from Bloomberg Terminal Services, Envestnet Reporting and Reconciliation Services, Charles Schwab, or from publications such as The Wall Street Journal. Other sources believed to be reliable may also be used. However, DeGreen Capital Management LLC can make no guarantee as to the accuracy of information provided by others.
DeGreen Capital Management (DCM) Additional Disclosures: DCM’s Form ADV Part II and Investment Advisory Agreement are available upon request. 4800 N. Scottsdale Rd., Suite 1800, Scottsdale, AZ 85251. 480-609-9900. www.degreen.com.
Efficient Market Advisors (EMA) Disclosures: This material is for your private information. The views expressed are the views of Efficient Market Advisors, LLC and are subject to change based on market and other conditions. The opinions expressed may differ from those with different investment philosophies. The information provided does not constitute investment advice, and it should not be relied on as such. It does not take into account any investor’s particular investment objectives, strategies, tax status or investment horizon. There are risks involved in investing in ETFs, including the possible loss of money invested. ETFs involve risks for investors, including market risk, supply and demand, tracking error and excessive trading. Since an ETF’s share price is determined by market supply and demand forces, investors may purchase shares at a premium or discount to their net asset value. Investments in common equity ETFs are subject to systematic risk of a declining economy, any industry specific risk, and have a low priority in terms of recovery of assets in the event of a company’s liquidation. Past performance is not indicative of future results, and there can be no assurance, and clients should not assume, that future performance of any EMA managed portfolios will be comparable to their past performance. Investment returns and principal value will fluctuate, so that investors’ shares, when sold, may be worth more or less than their original cost. Current performance may be lower or higher than the performance data cited.
Efficient Market Advisors, LLC (EMA) claims compliance with the Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS). EMA has been independently verified for the periods November 1, 2004 through September 30, 2016. Verification assesses whether (1) EMA has complied with all the composite construction requirements of the GIPS standards on a firm-wide basis, and (2) EMA’s policies and procedures are designed to calculate and present performance in compliance with the GIPS standards. Verification does not ensure the accuracy of any specific composite presentation. To obtain a copy of a complaint presentation, a list of EMA’s composite descriptions or the verification report please call 888-327-4600.
EMA is an SEC-registered investment advisor that constructs investment portfolios using Exchange-Traded Funds (ETFs). Founded in 2004 for the sole purpose of managing ETF based separate accounts, EMA serves high net-worth investors, trusts, foundations, retirement plans and institutions. EMA has one of the longest pure-ETF investment track records in the investment management industry. EMA utilizes proprietary and third-party research to construct ETF portfolios that offer investors highly-diversified asset class exposure that is transparent, liquid, low-cost and tax-efficient. EMA’s mission is to deliver superior investment returns over full market cycles through the implementation of propriety asset allocation processes.
The content of Informa Investment Solutions’ PSN Top Guns manager rankings is intended for use by qualified investment professionals. Please consult with an investment professional before making any investment using content or implied content from any PSN Top Guns.
Because of the possibility of human or mechanical error by Informa Investment Solutions’ sources or others, IIS does not guarantee the accuracy, adequacy, completeness or availability of any information and is not responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of such information. IIS makes NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE. In no event shall IIS be liable for any indirect, special or consequential damages in connection with use of any information or derived using information based on any PSN Top Guns results.
The one-year period peer groups were created using the information collected through the PSN investment manager questionnaire and uses only gross of fee returns. These top performers are strictly based on returns for one-year period. The three-year peer groups were created using the information collected through the PSN investment manager questionnaire and uses only gross of fee returns. These top performers are strictly based on returns for three-year period.
The three-year Entire US Balanced Universe peer groups were created using the information collected through the PSN investment manager questionnaire and uses only gross of fee returns. Products must have an R-Squared of 0.80 or greater relative to the style benchmark for the recent five year period. Moreover, products must have returns greater than the style benchmark for the three latest three-year rolling periods. The top ten returns for the latest three-year period then become the Top Guns.
Morningstar depends upon investment firms to provide it with accurate and complete data. To the extent that Morningstar receives data deficient in any way, the data and statistics provided by Morningstar may be compromised. In addition, because the data contained in Morningstar’s database are primarily backward looking (i.e., they are comprised of historical performance statistics), neither the data nor Morningstar’s analysis of them can be relied upon to predict or assess future performance of an individual investment, any particular industry segment or the totality of all strategies or investment vehicles in a particular industry. As a general matter, any return or related statistics that are based upon a limited number of data points are considered statistically suspect and, therefore, may be of limited value.
Morningstar does not provide investment advice or act as an investment advisor to anyone in any jurisdiction with respect to any information, data, analyses or opinions contained herein. All such information, data, analyses and opinions are subject to change without notice. Neither Morningstar nor its content providers are responsible for any damages or losses arising from any use of the content of this report or any information contained in or derived from it.
Asset allocation and diversification strategies do not protect against market risk or loss of principal. Neither do they assure a profit nor do they protect against losses in declining markets. Investments in managed portfolios have additional management fees and expose the investor to the risks inherent within the portfolio and the specific risks of the underlying funds directly proportionate to their fund allocation. Investing involves risk, including the loss of principal. Investment returns, particularly over shorter time periods, are highly dependent on trends in the various investment markets. Investors should consider the investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses of the underlying funds that make up the managed portfolios carefully before investing. The composite figures illustrated represent the returns only for the time periods indicated. These returns reflect the actual investment results of a composite of clients participating in the managed portfolio program. Accounts are first added to the composite in the third complete month of management by EMA. All accounts not included in a composite are in the composite EMA “Managed Account.” Managed Account results are available on request. All investments, including investments in the underlying funds in the managed portfolios, involve the risk of potential investment losses as well as investment gains. The performance of the managed portfolios should be viewed in the context of the broad market and general economic conditions prevailing during the periods covered by the performance information. Due to investment timing, allocation and holding periods for cash and other fund assets, performance may not completely replicate the performance of the funds’ stated benchmark. There is no assurance that any investment or strategy will achieve its investment objective, and the information provided is not intended to be a complete analysis of every material fact respecting any strategy. Returns for periods longer than one year are annualized. All returns are expressed in U.S. dollars and are net of re-investment of dividends and interest. The returns shown represent composite results net of fees and expenses. The returns shown on this document represent composite returns of managed portfolios. An investor’s actual results may have varied. Standard Deviation: A measurement of dispersion about an average, depicting how widely a stock or portfolio’s returns varied over a certain period of time. When an investment or portfolio has a high standard deviation, the predicted range of performance is wide, and implies greater volatility. Standard deviation is calculated for the last three-year period. Beta: The measure of an asset or portfolio’s sensitivity to the market as a whole. A beta above 1 is more volatile than the market while a beta below 1 is less volatile. Beta is calculated since inception. Past performance is not indicative of future results, and there can be no assurance, and clients should not assume, that future performance of any EMA managed portfolios will be comparable to their past performance. Investment returns and principal value will fluctuate, so that investors’ shares, when sold, may be worth more or less than their original cost. Current performance may be lower or higher than the performance data cited. Actual client results are impacted by start and end dates, withdrawals, additional deposits, and any charges imposed by the investment custodian, which may materially affect client performance returns. Investing may involve risk including loss of principal. The performance numbers reported are not a solicitation to buy or sell securities, and there is no claim to the suitability of the investment strategy for any individual. Securities prices may vary dramatically over time and results will vary due to changing economic or market conditions. For current month-end performance figures, please contact DeGreen Capital Management at 480-609-9900. www.DeGreen.com.